Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Forward



Spring is one of my favorite seasons in Tennessee, second to Fall. It is a time of renewal, growth and new beginnings. The buttercups are growing towards the sun, the dogwood trees have beautiful white blooms, the rains have filled the creeks and ponds and turned the grass green. The birds are singing and people are
spilling out of their houses to be warmed by the sun.

Thursday I finally take off for Papua New Guinea! After 3 layovers in Los Angeles, Brisbane Australia and Port Moresby, I will arrive in Madang Saturday and will spring forward 15 hours!

I am all packed and ready to go other than a few small things...you know like deciding between books or tolietries in my backpack!

Although I am eager for a new beginning, I am embracing every moment I spend with my friends and family. Two of my best friends will bring precious lives into the world while I am gone. I have enjoyed seeing their glowing faces and growing bellies. I am expecting lots of pictures! Today, my family and I celebrated spring with an easter egg hunt. We filled our baskets with treats as we searched for the prize egg.




In a few days my spring will quickly be summer as I enter the tropical paradise of Papua New Guinea!!!

No comments: