Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daily Updates

Daily updates are all I can give as they are all I receive.

Monday came and went with little news. I still sing, "It will be alright." My visa letter still rests on a desk somewhere in PNG. VSO is remaining hopeful that it will come by the end of the week. Due to other volunteers waiting for visas, in addition to myself, later training dates have been added. So, I now have til the 20th to get to PNG.

Monday I told my advisor I decided I wanted to explore other options because I am not interested in waiting around until July if possible. She red flagged my file to all her colleagues. We will continue to wait for my visa but if it is not here we will have other options.

In today's daily update she mentioned that one colleague so far has expressed an interest, but in order to be fair (to the PNG placement) she has to wait until the end of the week before she can show me anything since that is a “matching rule.”

I am surprisingly at ease. Anyday now I could be on a plane to PNG. I also have the excitement of wondering where I could be going and what I could be doing if my visa doesn't arrive. I could be on a plane to South America or possibly Asia or I could return to Africa. The possibilities are endless. The World is ahead of me.

So, I wait for tomorrow's update.

No comments: