Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Riding a roller coaster with my hands in the air!


Knowingly I bought the ticket. Step by step I moved along the roped path passing others who were seeking the same thrill. I heard the cranking gears of the track and saw faces filled with excitement coming from the exit gate. I arrived at the platform eager for my ride to begin. Slowly I made the climb to the top waiting with full anticipation for the stomach turning plummits and body jerking turns in my immediate future. Confidently and without any inhabitions, I reached my arms toward the sky. From the peek of the track everything became clear, I could see for miles. I was ready for the ride of my life. Suddenly my body became weightless and a scream of ecstasy rolled from my mouth. Just when I thought I was in the clear unexpected twists and turns caught me off guard. I hesitated to reach for the safety bar aware that the excitement of the unknown path intensifies the thrill of the ride.

Currently my life is a roller coaster. I have a passion for seeking thrills and following unknown paths and I am most certainly riding with my hands in the air. Today I received an email requesting I call my VSO advisor. It is the day before my flight to PNG and I haven't received the package from VSO containing my passport, visa or tickets. I immediately knew what this call was regarding. There were some miscommunications with the letter that is needed to apply for my visa. Long story short, I do not have my PNG visa and consequently I will not be leaving for PNG tomorrow.

So now I am on the climb back up to the top and looking forward to the excitement of reaching my arms to the sky and feeling my body become weightless! I will wait for my PNG visa which may possibly arrive tomorrow or 3 months from now. Who knows what twists and turns are in my immediate future? It’s well worth the ride!

No comments: