Monday, May 5, 2008

"It's time to pack your bags....for real this time!"

That's right!!! After three months of delays, I am finally headed to Papua New Guinea! It feels so incredibly wonderful to share this news. I received an email from Catherine, my advisor with VSO Canada, with the subject line "It's time to pack your bags...for real this time!" Before I could even read the email I ran through the house screaming at the top of my lungs! I am going, I am going! My visa is here and I am going to Papua New Guinea! My adventure begins May 21st!

Here's some pics to get us excited about PNG-a tropical paradise!!!!! These pictures were taken and shared with me by a current VSO volunteer living in Madang. I will meet her soon!

I cannot wait to dive into those deep blue waters. I will actually live here!!


Yes, that is a volcano in the background!


Singsing performance! I cannot wait to learn the culture, hear the language, taste the food!!!

1 comment:

Shirl said...

Congratulations on finally getting your visa. It will definitely be worth the wait. You'll have a great time when you finally make it here to PNG.