Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome Home

It felt great to be welcomed back to PNG by so many friends. Madang has really become a home to me and with each hug I felt how much I was truly missed.

I was surprised to realize how much I missed my life in Madang. With such amazing friends and unique adventures and scenery, how could I not miss this place.


I honestly missed the flying foxes, such an important Madang fixture!


I didn't realize how much I would miss the sea and I immediately hit the islands to soak in the sun and sand. The blue coral really brought out the color in my new tattoo I picked up at Artistic Ink in Greenbrier, TN. (plug intended!)


Its dry season now and the winds and sea currents are strong. The children quite enjoy the splash of the waves at Machine Gun Point!


The heavy rains filled the abandoned boat outside my house and the neighbor children decided to have a wash. Too cute!


I met some new friends who travel the skies of PNG. Always the adventurer, I dared to join a test flight above the islands of Madang. Pure bliss!


My bestie Roselyn, her two children Dunston and Stephanie as well as Roselyn's mother, gave me a beautiful carving of PNG's National Emblem with a unique birthday message. While I was home I turned the big 29 and my family here in Madang was sure to celebrate this day with me. I am very lucky to have people who love and care for me, just as my family does at home.

No comments: